Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rest for the 'weary'

God knew how badly we needed a long weekend!
After the first two weeks of school flying by at record speed...
 there needed to be 'rest' for our weary souls!
We spent Saturday at 3 back to back soccer games... but oh how fun to just sit and enjoy the incredibly beautiful day!  It was sunny, cool and crisp.
Fall is definitely here! 

This is Emma's birthday weekend... my baby is now 8!
Everyone told us that the time flies and they grow up way to fast,
but I didn't really understand that until this year.
Liz is now a freshman - yikes!
Ethan just turned 12.
And now my baby is truly no longer a 'baby'!
I love each and every stage.
(even though some are much more trying than others!) 

God has so been challenging me with resting in His faithfulness lately. 
I have heard a thousand times 
God is in control...
 but everywhere I look around me life seems to be spinning OUT of control.
Sometimes I have to remind myself to 'rest' in His open arms...
to 'rest' in the fact that He knows far better than I do what is best for me...
 and my family...
to 'rest' in His love and provision...
to 'rest' in His faithfulness. 

Because God is SO faithful!


The message at church today was about Abraham and how he lived a life of FAITH.
Faith is all about dying to ourselves and allowing Christ to live in us.
God asked Abraham to GO... and he OBEYED!
...not knowing WHERE he was going.

Sometimes God asks us to do things that make NO SENSE, yet...

When we OBEY and bring ourselves to the altar - facing our fear...
God WILL provide! (in ways that will blow our mind!)
Hebrews 11


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 
That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord.    
James 1:2-7


by faith....

No comments: