Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Power of Prayer.... Please!


As I type this post
we are less than 25 days from boarding a plane and heading to Uganda!
God has given me an incredible sense of PEACE,
that I know can only come from HIM!

I said to Bret on Monday... we are in the home stretch,
 and I am expecting the trials to start hitting...
and they have this week. 

Nothing TOO BIG for our GOD... but things non-the-less meant to distract me, frustrate me,
bring me to tears, make me question (for a moment),
and have the potential to start me to WORRY.

BUT.... they have also BROUGHT ME TO MY KNEES!

I have felt the Lord wrap his loving, PROTECTIVE arms around me
and reassure me that YES
we are walking on the road HE has laid out before us...
we are following the CALL He is placing on our lives
KNOWING  that HE will take care of all the OTHER STUFF.

NOTHING is TOO BIG for our GOD!

I am humbly asking each of you to actively go to the throne of grace
on behalf of our family...

...to pray a hedge of protection around our kids - for their HEALTH
and PEACE of mind
as we go

...to pray for Bret & I as we get our final shots this week and focus on all the
details to be pulled together.

...to pray that the ENEMY would be bound - not able to cause doubt
and frustration in the little things...

...to pray that we will reach our final goal with the last
$1000 we need in the next
two weeks.

...to pray that we will be able to collect the rest of the donations we are hoping
to take with us .... ($30 mattress donations, kids clothes, sports supplies)

I know that God led me to Eph. 6:11-18 yesterday......
"Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies,
but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world...
Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor
so that you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil.
Then after the battle you will still be standing firm
Stand your ground,
putting on the belt of truth
and the body armor of God's righteousness.
For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News
so that you will be fully prepared. 
In addition to all of these,
hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.
Put on salvation as your helmet,
and take the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.
Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."

I AM CLAIMING THESE VERSES
AND PRAYING THEM OVER OUR FAMILY EVERY DAY!

 I am CONVINCED that AMAZING things are going to happen on this trip...
when the trials come - it is a SURE sign that you are DOING something
GOOD to further HIS kingdom...

 walking daily...
 

1 comment:

We Are Family said...

Believing with you that The Lord will protect and continue to give you peace on this journey.

Matthew 6:33