Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Comfort of .... a LION?

Really?  ... you ask.
HOW can a LION in Kenya 
give
COMFORT?

Let me explain....

I chose the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den
to take to the kids in Kenya and Uganda this past trip.

I always like to take something for them to MAKE.
Something that they can call THEIR OWN.

You see, they have VERY LITTLE that is truly 
THEIRS.

I wanted to share with them the incredible
story of a man who was willing to 
OBEY GOD...
NO. MATTER. WHAT!
As I stood on the side of a mountain
looking out over a lake
with 180 orphans
helping me tell the tale
of Daniel
who was willing to follow
his Lord, and pray faithfully to him
3 times a day - 
even though he KNEW it could
mean his life.

I WAS TRULY HUMBLED....

That God could even think to
use me - in any way
to make a difference in these
kids lives.

I didn't really have to TELL them anything...
they KNEW every DETAIL of the story
and filled in every blank.

But I shared with them...
HOW MUCH HE LOVES THEM,
AND HOW HE HAS A PLAN FOR THEIR LIVES
IF THEY ARE WILLING TO
OBEY.... EVEN WHEN IT IS REALLY HARD!

HOW EVEN WHEN THEY ARE SCARED... 
HE IS ALWAYS THERE.

AND HE WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM... 
NEVER!

So after our story ...
we headed inside for them to
each MAKE something
to remind them
that HE will always
be there to comfort and protect them.

A LION PILLOW!!!
Let me just say...
that there are some AMAZING people
who spent
HOURS tirelessly laboring with LOVE...
cutting, sorting and assembling
300+
lion pillow kits!

Words CANNOT express....

the look on their faces,

the joy in their eyes,

the smiles from ear to ear


as they proudly
displayed their pillows!
Many of them wrote notes of thanks on the 
Ziplock bags... for those who would
see the pictures we took.  

They wanted them to know
how much the APPRECIATED
the gift of LOVE
from SO FAR AWAY!!

These children DO NOT HAVE
any form of a PILLOW.
(until now!)


What fun to see them
 on their beds... as 'treasures' displayed 
and loved!!

Yes...
the COMFORT of a LION....

Jesus said, "...whatever you did for one of the
least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
 Matthew 25:40

Are we REALLY willing to BE the HANDS and FEET of Jesus
to those who so desperately need it?  Such simple things...
make such a HUGE impact!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This makes me SMILE!!!