Sunday, April 10, 2011

HE Continues to Open Doors....

My prayer for weeks has been ... 

Lord,
YOU open the doors...
and I will walk through them.

So as HE opens the doors,
I am walking...

actually,
this time...
I am FLYING.

back to AFRICA!!!!

The last three weeks, since arriving home
I have found my heart
torn
between 
enjoying the reunion with my kids
and
longing for those
we left behind in Uganda.


God has been working and stirring in us something
we cannot yet put into words.

We KNOW He is calling us
to be involved in
orphan care....
and so we are trying to be
obedient
by WALKING through the doors
HE
is opening.


I have been asked by Visiting Orphans to
co-lead a trip this summer
to
Uganda & Kenya.

I am beyond EXCITED to be
returning to many
of the same children we 
worked with in March.

Our team will also be exploring NEW
orphan ministries,
as this is
Visiting Orphans'
1st trip to
Kenya.

The most exciting part....
Our oldest daughter,
Liz
is going with me!

I feel so blessed to be able to
share with her some of the
amazing people and places that
Bret & I experienced in March.

We know that this will be a
LIFE CHANGING
trip for her.

Please PRAY
as we have
MUCH to accomplish in
the days ahead!

There are still a few spots available on our trip...
if you are interested in joining us!

You can see more about the details of the trip HERE.
(scroll down to the June 26- July 9 Uganda/Kenya Trip)


We have some exciting events planned at our house
in the next few weeks as we 
prepare to go... 

A Garage Sale Fundraiser - for Liz
and
A Dresses for Orphans Sewing Party
Stay tuned... details coming soon!
 

Thank you for all your love, prayers and support.
We will continue to need them ALL!

I am SO excited to see what God has
for us this summer in
AFRICA!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Diana!! I am SOO excited for you and Liz!! You will be an AMAZING team leader! So glad you are following after your heart for the orphan...I will be praying for you both! Miss you tons.

We Are Family said...

WOOOOWHO! Praise the Lord!

Emily said...

Wow! That is great news!! If I weren't going to be huge pregnant woman this summer, I would have loved to go with you! Keep us posted!!

Jill said...

Diana,
I just got your blog from a friend! It was so awesome to read AND I would 100% have loved to go with you on your trip but I am already going to Kenya for 2 weeks in June 10-24. We should get together and chat sometime soon!! Would love to hear more about what you are doing!

Amy said...

This is such great news! Praying for you and Liz!