Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Struggling for perspective....

We had a conference call last night with our team from Uganda.
It was SO good to hear their familiar voices and listen to how God is working in each of their lives!
It was amazing to hear how 
all of us are processing ...
all at different speeds...
all of us definitely affected...
all of us unable to forget...
all of us trying to gain some form of perspective...

That has been the HARDEST thing in coming back home... 
trying to understand,
work through,
digest,
and decide what to do with
ALL
that we have seen and heard and felt.

Because once you have SEEN and HEARD and FELT... 
you CANNOT turn back...

God calls ALL of us to reach out to the poor, the orphan and the widow
now it is our job to figure out HOW, WHEN and WHERE.

I just read a post written by Amanda Lawrence,
the Executive Director of Visiting Orphans 
during the last few days in Uganda this past January.  
She put into words exactly what my heart is wrestling with....


3 comments:

We Are Family said...

I know the struggle....

Emily said...

Craig has experienced this many times over the years. He calls it his period of debriefing. It is always such a strange feeling of "What do I do now?" Feel free to contact him if you need to talk to someone who understands(are you friends on facebook?) I will continue to pray that God will show you now what he has for you. I haven't commented on your Uganda posts, mostly because I don't think I have the words. But I need to tell you they have pierced my heart and I'm so appreciative of you sharing your experiences and how God is working!

Unknown said...

convicting!!!! Timely as we are reading Chapter 6 in Radical!!!