Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Cleaning for Missions!!!


SPRING is definitely 'in the air'....
and we are doing major


SPRING CLEANING
and
PURGING
at our house!

How about you??

Do you need something to MOTIVATE you to 
'clean out' and 'get rid' of?

How about donating all your 'extra stuff' 
to support Liz's trip to Uganda this June?

Our neighborhood 
is scheduled for May 19th-21st
and we thought ...

what an AWESOME opportunity to 
RAISE the funds
needed for Liz to join me
on the Uganda/Kenya Trip
this June!

SO, 
here is the plan...

over the next couple of weeks
your challenge is to:

ORGANIZE

CLEAN-OUT

PURGE


and


DE-CLUTTER


your house and garage
then...

let us,
take it off 
your hands!

ALL proceeds from the
GARAGE SALE 
will go directly to
the funds needed for 
Liz's trip ($3400).

We are fully confident
that GOD will provide...

and so we are trusting HIM
as we faithfully work 
to focus on NECESSITIES in our life,
and give the rest to fund our
work with orphans.

If you have items to donate,
(and live in our area)
please leave a COMMENT at the bottom
of this post
with your contact e-mail,
and I will contact you to coordinate
pick-up/drop-off.

THANK YOU for helping 
Liz reach her goal!!

Our gift to you ~
... a video put together 
by one of our team members 
from our March - Uganda Trip.

Every time I watch it,
I am reminded of...
WHY we GO,
WHY we LOVE on,
and WHY we SERVE

ORPHANS!!!

enjoy.... 
(you will want to MUTE my playlist at the bottom
of this page)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've aleady got bins ready for ya! :)

valerie in TX said...

Hi Diana, I found you today through Linny's blog at A Place Called Simplicity. I am going on my very first mission trip this June to Uganda with Visiting Orphans! When I read your comment that you are leaving in 68 days, for just a second I thought you might be going on the same trip I am, but we leave in 41 days. :)

I just wanted to say I love your blog and love your heart for the orphan. I am just beginning this journey, but am praying God will continue to give me His heart and to change me for His purposes and His glory.

I was wondering if I might ask your permission to post this video on my blog? With full credit back to you, of course. I would love for my whole three readers ;) to see a tiny bit of where I will be going. Either way, thank you for encouraging someone you didn't even know!

Diana said...

Hi Valerie -
So amazing how God connects us... how awesome that you are on Carrie's trip in June! You will LOVE Canaan Children's Home... a huge part of my heart is still there! Yes, by all means - use the video! I can't find your e-mail on your blog... but will leave you a message on your comments there as well... e-mail me when you have a minute - I want to tell you more about your team.
Blessings...
diana
dianaperkey@gmail.com

fabergreen said...

Hi I'm Jane and I just read your blog. Thank God for your love for the children. I would like to donate items for your garage sale. I live in Centerville, OH. Can you please let me know how? My email is jane_chai@yahoo.com. Thank you. God bless!